Date of last revision: 26 January 2018
- Badgecraft services are predominantly for the use by users older than 14 years for the purpose to engage and recognise achievements through Open Badges.
- Users of the Badgecraft services will not cause offense to other users by any means; including cyber bullying, use of inappropriate and derogative language, racist, sexist, other discriminatory comments that would be deemed to threaten or demean any user or third party in any way or infringement of any applicable law. The use of offensive language as part of a username is also strictly prohibited. Discussions, topics and badge issuing that relate to discrimination are acceptable only when aiming to challenge prejudice, reduce stigma and promote equality.
- Uploading badge related evidence and links must be appropriate and relevant to the badge description and every effort should be made to ensure images/video footage should be deemed to be non-offensive and not inappropriate. Inappropriate material includes anything deemed to depict extreme violence, nudity or semi nudity, sexual conduct or illegal activity. Badgecraft reserves the right to remove images, comments, contributions that are deemed inappropriate as per described in Terms 2 and 4.
- Please be considerate when uploading images, files and data to the Badgecraft services. Images for badge creation will be restricted and must not exceed 1.5MB per file. Badgecraft reserves the right to remove images that exceed the limit and/or deemed to have a detrimental impact or effect on the Badgecraft services functionality in anyway.
- Do not share any personal information about yourself such as your address, phone number/s or email address when using any of the messaging features within the Badgecraft services.
- Sharing your personal information is welcomed as an optional opportunity and will be used only to collect some log analytics data from your use of the Badgecraft services so that we may improve our service. We store this data separately from your personal information, and we delete individual datapoints once we have aggregated the data into useful statistics.
- Passwords must not, under any circumstances, be shared with others, friends, family members or other associates. The only people who should know your password are you and Badgecraft. The Badgecraft administrative team is solely responsible for managing the Badgecraft services and its content.
- Please ensure no attempt to impersonate another user or Badgecraft administrative staff member, either by using their log in to post comments using Badgecraft services, set up projects or send emails or instant messages or by using a misleading username.
- You must not give false or misleading information about yourself or misrepresent yourself or your connection with other users.
- Your use of Badgecraft services constitutes acceptance of these Terms of Services.
- Badgecraft reserves the right to remove any badges, badge systems and communications from the Badgecraft services that have shown no activity or have not been updated for over six months and will retain the information for audit or investigative purposes only.
- You agree to use Badgecraft services only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Badgecraft services by any third party.
- Badgecraft does not warrant that the functions contained in the material accessible through Badgecraft services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Badgecraft services or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. Badgecraft will do it all it can within its capacities in order to ensure proper functionality of the website and related products, but offers no guarantee and takes no responsibility for damages suffered by third parties.
- Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Badgecraft. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by Badgecraft to use any item displayed. A party uploading any content in the website ensures that such content has been published with the permission of the relevant copyright or any other rights owners. A party uploading any content shall be liable for any infringement of rights of third parties and shall indemnify Badgecraft from responsibility for such infringements. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners. Uploaded items will remain the sole responsibility of the registered user, but Badgecraft retains unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide right to freely use the content created and uploaded by users to the extent it is necessary to provide Badgecraft services.
- Badgecraft does not endorse and takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites.
- Badgecraft shall not review and shall not take responsibility for any content uploaded by third parties in the website.
- In no event Badgecraft will be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those relating to business losses, business interruption, loss of profit, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data, or anticipated losses arising out of connection with the use of the Badgecraft services, unless obligatory provisions of applicable laws provides otherwise.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area using Badgecraft services including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms of Services and rules and/or specific terms of using Badgecraft services relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail. All international users do so in accordance to EU Internet legislation and the laws of their own country. For further references on different legislation in force check here.
- If these Terms of Services are not accepted in full, the use of Badgecraft services will be terminated immediately.
- Any user found in contravention of the above Terms of Services, will receive a written warning in the first instance. Any repeat offence will result in termination of full Badgecraft user account, and may include details of this decision, and the reasons for it, being passed on to your organisations or any third party as considered appropriate by Badgecraft. In case of gross infringement of these Terms of Service, Badgecraft can terminate provision of the Badgecraft Services immediately.
- Badgecraft reserves the right to contact an appropriate third party/youth workers/teacher/parents/social workers etc, if it believes that any Badgecraft user is likely to be put in, or is already in, danger from bullying, abuse or danger, in whatever shape that bullying, abuse or personal danger may take shape.
- Badgecraft reserves the rights to change these Terms of Service at any time without further notice by posting changes online. Your continued use of Badgecraft services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified. It is your responsibility to regularly check this website to determine if there have been changes to these Terms and Services and to review such changes. We will post the changes to these Terms of Services on this website and will indicate the date these terms were last revised. Any revised version will be deemed applicable when published on this website.